Best Lawyers in America names Nathan Goldberg as 2010 Lawyer of the Year, Labor and Employment in Los Angeles.
Daily Journal names, Nathan Goldberg One of California's Top 10 Plaintiff's Employment Lawyers.
Mr. Goldberg, a partner at Allred, Maroko & Goldberg, graduated summa cum laude from Loyola Law School in 1974.
Mr. Goldberg has been named one of the top 100 Southern California "SuperLawyers" by Law & Politics and Los Angeles Magazine every year since 2004. In addition, he has been recognized by LawDragon magazine as one of the 500 leading plaintiff's lawyers in America.
In October 2006 a Ventura County jury awarded $18 million to Mr. Goldberg's client, James Stevens, a Vons clerk who was fired after complaining that a female supervisor sexually harassed him.
Mr. Goldberg has a broad range of trial experience in state and federal court. Most recently, Mr. Goldberg was lead trial counsel in both the case of Adams v. Los Angeles Unified School District (2002) and the case of Salama v. King Drew Medical Center (2000). Each of these trials resulted in a jury award well in excess of $4 million. (See Significant Cases for details).
Mr. Goldberg also served as lead trial counsel in the pregnancy discrimination case of Tylo v. Spelling that resulted in a jury verdict of nearly $5 million. Additionally, he was lead trial and appellate counsel in Thorne v. City of El Segundo.
As the lead trial counsel in Thomas v. City of Los Angeles, he represented the director of the Los Angeles Zoo, who had been wrongfully terminated. The District Court granted a mandatory injunction restoring Dr. Thomas to his position on the grounds that he had been denied due process; the court awarded him full relief.
In another well-known case, Mr. Goldberg represented Sandra Bardenilla, a nurse wrongfully terminated after reporting the misconduct of two doctors at Kaiser Permanente Hospital. The jury awarded Ms. Bardenilla compensatory and punitive damages.
In addition to appearing for numerous speaking engagements, Mr. Goldberg has served on various CEB and L.A. County panels on employment law.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Civil Rights
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California - 1974
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Adams v. Los Angeles Unified School District (2002)
- Salama v. King Drew Medical Center (2000)
- Tylo v. Spelling
- Thorne v. City of El Segundo
- Thomas v. City of Los Angeles
- Employment Law, Continuing Education of the Bar
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Labor and Employment Law - Los Angeles, 2010 - Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 1993 - 2016
- One of the Top 100 Lawyers, Los Angeles County, 2011 - Present
- Daily Journal's Top 10 Employment Plaintiff Attorneys in California, 2009 - 2010
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Law & Politics and Los Angeles Magazine, 2004 - 2016
- AV Rated (Highest Rating) by Martindale-Hubbell